Messaging Contest Announcement
Important Note: All Contests in the 2020 Facebook Online Hackathon Series are governed by their Announcements provided on this website and by these terms and conditions
To register for the Messaging Hackathon Contest track, click on “register for this hackathon” on the contest page at www.fbmessaging2.devpost.com
- May 15th - June 24th
- Deadline to submit is June 24th at 5:00 pm EST
Judging/Security Check/Winners Announcement
- Judging and Security Check will take place between June 25th - July 14th
- Winners will be announced on or about July 15th
Option 1: Make your solution publicly available by completing the app review process. In order to make the solution live to all Facebook users, you will need to complete app review and demonstrate that your bot is working. Full guidelines can be found here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/messenger-platform/app-review/ The entire process may take approximately 1-2 weeks - hence if you plan on making your solution live to all Facebook users, then plan to submit your project at least 2 weeks before the submission deadline of March 16th so it can be ready to be judged.
- Option 2: Make your solution available for the judges. Since app review might take some time, for the purpose of this hackathon, you can put your app in dev mode and add a tester in your app settings. That way, judges have the opportunity to test your bot even when your app is in development mode. Please use test user account IDs: 499418056 and stef.devpost.1
- Include a video of your completed solution/project.
Prizes for winning Individual, Org or Team:
- 1st Place: $3,000 + Oculus Quest 64GB VR headset (ARV: $399 USD; 1 per individual, 4 max per Org or Team) + At least one 30-minute virtual meeting with a Facebook
- 2nd Place: $2,500
- 3rd Place: $1,500
All prizing subject to full Official Rules. Cash prizes are to be divided amongst the team members. Team members are responsible for distributing the cash amongst themselves. Oculus Quest devices, subject to availability, shipping restrictions and delays, and if unavailable may be replaced with an equivalent prize. Mode and method for delivery of all prizes, including electronic payment or other legal tender, scheduling and medium for virtual meeting with engineers at Sponsor’s discretion based on availability.
You may be disqualified from the Messaging Hackathon Contest and forfeit any prizes you may be eligible to receive if Facebook reasonably believes that you have not complied, or attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Messaging Hackathon Contest, in accordance with the 2020 Facebook Online Hackathon Series Terms.