This contest has ended -- check out the current Facebook Hackathon: Messaging ending September 8th, 2020 @ 5pm ET!
And the winners are in!
Congratulations to all the winners! See their projects listed below. Make sure to check out all of the other awesome submissions in the Gallery. We can't wait to see what everyone creates next.
What to submit:
1. Demo video. Your video (hosted on Facebook Video, YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku) should be around 2 minutes, include a demo of your working application via a step-by-step visual demo, and be available in English. Be sure to explain how the Facebook products used enhances the experience of your solution!
2. Access. A way to access your chatbot in one of the following ways:
- Option 1: Make your bot publicly available by completing the app review process. In order to make the bot live to all Facebook users, you will need to complete app review and demonstrate that your bot is working. Full guidelines can be found here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/messenger-platform/app-review/ The entire process will take approximately 1-2 weeks.
- Option 2: Make your bot available for select users. Since app review might take some time, for the purpose of this hackathon, you can put your app in dev mode and add a tester in your app settings. That way, judges will be able to test your bot even when your app is in development mode. Please use test user account id: 499418056 and stef.devpost.1
3. Complete submission form. All required fields must be completed and submitted on Devpost BEFORE the deadline. Late entries will NOT be accepted.
$7,000 in prizes
• $3,000 USD
• At least one 30-minute virtual meeting with a Facebook engineer
• Oculus Quest 64GB VR headset (ARV: $399 USD; 1 per individual, 4 max per Org or Team)
• $2,500 USD
• $1,500 USD
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Partner Engineer, Messenger Platform
Partner Engineer at Facebook working with Messenger
Quality of the Idea
Includes creativity and originality of the idea.
Potential Strategic Impact
Includes the potential value and usefulness to real-world users.
Implementation of the Idea
Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer, the extent to which the featured Facebook products were incorporated, and the extent to which respect for user privacy was considered or incorporated in the design.